The women I support are often aware that they are holding themselves back from stepping fully into their next chapter even though they've experienced success and satisfaction on many levels.
They're ready to stretch and grow, pursue new dreams, share new ideas, change direction, make a bigger contribution to their community and the world...
But something is slowing them down, turning down their volume, tapping on their brakes.
Self-doubt and external definitions of success are often the culprits
My clients tell me that:
- fear of judgment, and
- concern about what they feel they should be doing
can become significant obstacles in their pursuit of expansion and change.
Self-doubt cuts across all demographics, psychographics, industries, positions, and life stages. We think we've dealt with it and then it has the audacity to pop up again, groundhog day style.
It's frustrating, it's restrictive and it lies, recycling old stories, relying on comparison, social conditioning, and external definitions of success that are often completely irrelevant to how you actually want to work and live.
Fortunately, there is a powerfully effective approach to managing this obstacle - building your Self-Leadership capacity.
Self-Leadership: Defn: Actively developing a confident sense of who you are, taking ownership of what you do, and being intentional about where you are going.
A whole new world opens up when you can lead yourself.
Self-Leadership is the key to thriving in Your Next Chapter
To lead yourself effectively you need to know who you are and what's most important to you.
- Identifying and then leveraging your unique talents, skills, and strengths enables you to set and pursue aligned goals that are ultimately more satisfying and enriching
- Understanding your personality and emotions provides important insights into your tendencies to think and react in certain ways. This knowledge then allows you to influence yourself, choose to respond more consciously, and change habits that no longer serve you
- Knowing your values allows you to appreciate what matters most to you and this awareness enables you to make better decisions on how you will conduct business, work, and life.
- Owning your worth and the value you create provides you with clarity, creativity, and the internal authority that delivers enduring, solid confidence
- Supporting your physical needs with mindfulness, good nutrition, movement, and nourishing rest determines the level of vitality and capacity you have to support your vision
Self-Leadership development transforms you into a fully empowered individual with a transformed mindset and the tools and practices to thrive.
The PERMA Model of Positive Psychology
Widely acknowledged as the "father" of Positive Psychology, Dr. Seligman’s PERMA™ theory of well-being outlines five building blocks that enable flourishing – Positive Emotion, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, and Accomplishment (hence PERMA™).
There are many different routes to a flourishing life and the Positive Psychology approach is descriptive, not prescriptive. You ultimately decide what choices to make or what to value, but research shows us that when you make more informed choices to live a more fulfilling life that is aligned with your values and interests, you are far more likely to thrive.
Thus. my Self Leadership coaching and facilitation approach is anchored in the principles of PERMA.
It’s time to build your capacity to create and embrace change
How would it feel to really trust yourself?
To own your worth and fully express and leverage your value?
To be able to explore options and possibilities that spark your curiosity and kickstart your heart?
To make choices that support your growth and authenticity?
When you are a Self Leader you will have the clarity and certainty to powerfully identify and turn your desires into action.
What is the Self Leadership Program Experience?
The Positive Self-Leadership program is a four-stage coaching experience typically experienced over a 12-week period.
It is grounded in an evidence-based Positive Psychology approach delivered through personal coaching calls via ZOOM, email communication, and online bonus video modules.
Part One: Cultivating Self Awareness
Research suggests that when we have accurate self-assessment, we're more confident and creative, able to make sounder decisions, build stronger relationships, and communicate more effectively. Thus, we begin with a comprehensive self-discovery process where we explore your:
- Current level of Self Leadership
- Personal Vision & goals
This allows us to identify your growth edges to work with and to begin to design the path forward towards the goals that are most important to you.
Part Two: Cognitive Skills
Our inner mental models determine what we perceive from the external world, how we think about it, what emotions are evoked, how we react, and consequently, the results that we produce. Thus we focus on:
- Developing constructive thought patterns to improve the quality of your inner dialogue, transforming it from critic to sage
- Identifying and reframing limiting beliefs, unconscious fears, and assumptions such as overgeneralising, all-or-nothing thinking, or systematically discounting the positive.
- Moving from over-reliance on external validation (self-esteem) to internal advocacy (self-worth)
Part Three - Emotional Dexterity
Developing emotional intelligence and literacy, what I refer to as Emotional Dexterity, helps you to become more adaptable and resilient in times of change and uncertainty. You will be able to harness higher levels of self-efficacy and access a sense of equilibrium and clarity to work with more ease toward your goals.
We look at:
- Your emotional vocabulary
- Emotional regulation
- Effective communication
- The React - Respond - Rise Process
- The skill of self-compassion
Part Four: Self-Motivation
Self-motivation stems from genuine interest and passion and thus success, as you define it, often requires that you rely on your own acumen and self-belief to see your vision through. Motivating yourself to achieve without deadlines or emotional support takes focus and self-belief.
We look at:
- Self-Determination Theory
- Positive Goal-Setting Principles
- Self-Reflection practices
- Natural Reward strategies
- Discernment in decision making
Keeping you energised
- To keep yourself focused and energised on your Self Leadership journey into Your Next Chapter, I want to ensure you are able to coach yourself. The 3 key skills of self-coaching are self-observation, non-judgment, and choosing conscious responses.Practising these skills regularly will build your self-awareness, self-trust, and self-efficacy. You will have access to a video training module and a written guide to self-coaching to hone this invaluable skill.
- Physical and mental vitality is essential for you to achieve your goals and so this bonus module includes guidance from guest experts on Mindfulness, Movement, Nutrition, and Sleep. I want you to have the sustained energy to bring your personal vision to life!
- Three times a year I facilitate intimate Self-Leadership and Project Planning Retreats at beautiful private venues in NSW. When you complete the Positive Self Leadership program you will receive a $500 gift voucher to use on the full price (not early bird) price of any of these retreats.
Your new skills will be powerful, enduring and easily accessible
Who is The Positive Self-Leadership Program designed for?
I have created this program for women who are frustrated by a sense of knowing that they've not yet reached their potential, contributed what they are capable of, or chosen what they're really aching to do.
If you are:
- At a crossroads in your life, keen to make new decisions for the next stage of life that really serve you
- Tired of listening to that negative voice inside, but not sure how to quieten it
- Keen to start a business, change the direction of the one you already have, or simply launch a new service... but have not yet made the leap
- Wanting to pursue a promotion or a new career path, but keep holding yourself back
- Stuck in comparison, feeling less than, not enough, or that you've left it too late
- Unsure of how to turn your ideas into reality, stuck in procrastination or perfectionism
- Berating yourself - surely by now, at this age you "should have it together?"
The Positive Self Leadership program will help you to turn the page and begin your next chapter.
- Greater conviction
- Less comparison
- Higher confidence
- Stronger internal guidance
- Improved wellbeing
- More meaningful goals
- Deeper fulfilment
- Less need for validation
- Lower stress levels
- Reduced indecision
- Increased optimism
- Higher self-efficacy
- Greater productivity
- Deeper impact
- Contentment and self-acceptance
I’m delighted to meet you!
Hello there, I'm Angela Raspass.
I'm a Positive Self-Leadership Coach, Author and Speaker.
Back in 2012 I realised that bigger does not necessarily mean better and that a successful business is not a great consolation prize for a life where I felt overworked, unhealthy, unfulfilled, and just not happy. That realisation took me down a new path, my own Next Chapter, the business you have found here today.
Since then, I've combined my years of business and life coaching with studies in Positive Psychology, Neuroscience, Acceptance Commitment Training (ACT), EFT, Strengths Profiling, and a library of books and seminars to focus on the power of Self-Leadership.
I want to anchor you in this vital skill set so you can develop the discernment, resilience, confidence, courage, and self-belief to create the future that best fits you in Your Next Chapter.
What is it like to work with me?
We were half way through my first session when Angela helped me to see something that was right in front of my face but I had never connected the dots…I was sooo happy that I could finally pinpoint where one major issue in my life had started – I almost jumped up and hugged her!
I love working with her – she doesn’t judge, no answer is wrong, when I ask me a question and I’m unsure where to start she gives me pointers to help me begin, (usually I would get embarrassed when I couldn’t think of an answer).
I ‘awoke’ one morning with a deep sense of needing change; the business I had, whilst reasonably successful, was no longer invigorating, there was an absence of passion and alignment with what I love to do.
This is when my awareness of Angela was piqued, and her offering to challenge my current thinking, and to build a business and life that I have dreamed of.
I didn’t expect the level of self-knowledge I gained. I learnt so much about the beliefs that were holding me back, the mindset shifts I need to make and simple yet powerful tools to support me on my journey. Having Angela on my support team made it seem possible. She dealt with every challenge that arose with such heartfelt, wise counsel – she came into my life at a time when I thought it might be all too hard.
Angela is firstly full of integrity when you work with her. I never got the sense that she was anything but a wholehearted supporter of me as an individual. There aren’t any hidden sides to Angela when you’re working with her. The only surprises you get are good ones!
She is generous in spirit and in her considerable knowledge of what it takes to bring the business to life and grow it to maturity and beyond. Successes start to mount rapidly after working with her!
When I reached out to Angela for support, I was, quite unexpectedly, promoted to the position of CEO of the Ron Davis Autism Foundation. I felt like I was bobbing around in a vast ocean, focusing all of my energy simply on keeping afloat. I now feel like I am in the boat, at the helm, steering it in a purposeful and exciting direction, with a new level of confidence and self-belief.
Angela has helped me to catapult my business not only with her wealth of skills, but also in her ability to help me build my own confidence and belief in myself. I truly believe no-one can succeed if their self-worth is in tatters.
I have thrown my beliefs away around not being a sales and marketing person and now know I am and have always been a natural networker and connector. I am now constantly watching that I don’t over give, that I don’t rescue all my clients and I don’t devalue my work or myself by under